STAR Provider™ Certified
The STAR Provider™ Certified is internationally recognized as the finest training in oncology rehabilitation. Developed by rehabilitation experts with extensive experience in oncology, becoming a STAR Provider Certified individual provides you with unparalleled training in cancer rehabilitation. Building on your current expertise, becoming a STAR Provider Certified will enable you to advance your knowledge and clinical skills in an exciting and rapidly expanding area of rehabilitation medicine that has many unmet needs. STAR Providers are recognized as experts in oncology rehab, which results in many more career opportunities. Most importantly, however, the certification will enable you to provide the kind of care that is desperately needed to help cancer survivors function at the highest possible level.
STAR Provider Certified Benefits
- Increase your patient referrals
- Expand your practice scope
- Open new career opportunities
- Become an expert in oncology rehab
- Advance survivorship care
Who is eligible to become a STAR Provider Certified?
- Patient Navigators
- Administrators/Care Coordinators
- PT Assistants (PTA)
- Certified OT Assistants (COTA)
- Speech Assistants
- Exercise Physiologists/Trainers
- CAM/Integrative Medicine Practitioners
- Case Managers
- Vocational Counselors
- Certified Wellness Coaches
- Radiation Therapists
- Pastoral Care
- Cancer Registrar
How can I become STAR Provider Certified?
You can sign up online here.
STAR Provider Certification Process
Phase 1 — Registration
Phase 2 — Log In
Once you register, you will be emailed a password to log in and begin the STAR Program Training Modules.
Phase 3 — Complete (10) STAR Program Training Modules
At your own pace, complete the 10 STAR Program Certification Training Modules required to become STAR Provider Certified. In order to pass the module’s accompanying test, you will need a score of at least 70%. You can retake the test as many times as you need to in order to obtain a score of at least 70%. Once you pass the test, you proceed to the next module. You may stop at any time and return at your convenience to the point where you previously left off. You have 6 months from the time that you register for the STAR Provider Certified training to complete all 10 modules.
Note: If you would like to recieve CEU credits for the training, contact your governing body to apply prior to starting the modules.
Phase 4 — Receive Certification
Once you complete all of the modules and pass all of the tests with a score of 70% or higher, you will receive a STAR Provider Certified certificate via e-mail. You will also receive the STAR Provider Certified Marketing Kit that includes a logo that you may use on your letterhead, business cards and marketing materials as well as templates to further market your oncology rehabilitation expertise.
Phase 5 — Continuing Education
Becoming STAR Provider Certified means that you are an expert in cancer rehabilitation and are up to date on the latest research in cancer rehabilitation. It’s important to remain up to date and in order to maintain your STAR Provider Certified status there is a requirement to complete one STAR Program Training Module annually. You may choose the modules that best fit with your practice needs from your “My Training Center” on the STAR Program Training website. Oncology Rehab Partners is committed to ensuring the finest training for STAR Providers and at this time does not accept other training to fulfill this requirement.
Phase 6 — Recertification
STAR Provider recertification is automatic every year years as long as your annual dues and continuing education requirements are fulfilled.
STAR Provider Certified Cost?
Through the term of your STAR Provider Certification, you will receive:
- Ongoing access to the (10) STAR Program Training Modules
- STAR Provider Certified Marketing Kit
- Permission to use the STAR Provider Certified logo on your marketing materials, business card, and website
- Permission to add STAR/P to your credentials
- Press release draft for you to update and distribute to your liking
- Newsletter article template to be submitted to your organization’s internal and external publications
- Letter templates to distribute to referral sources and patients
- Website content to be customized and posted on your website
- Newsletter with research updates
- List and explanation of over 40 resources for cancer patients
- 1-sample STAR Program Survivor Guidebook
- STAR Provider Certified listing by state on the Oncology Rehab Partners website
- Extensive supplemental training opportunities
STAR Certified Provider: $1999
STAR Provider Certified recertification and continuing education: $299/annually includes recertification and 3 hours of STAR Program Training Modules or Case Studies.